Royal Bank of Scotland Plc
Royal Bank of Scotland Plc’s UK based contact centres had challenging sales and customer service targets to achieve, and their existing management training courses hadn’t delivered any measurable improvement in performance. It was time to try something completely different.
- Managers were so focused on achieving challenging targets that coaching and motivating team members had been forgotten as a priority.
- Team members were becoming disengaged and weren’t performing as well as they could, or were expected to.
- Sales opportunities were being lost as sales agents sounded scripted rather than empathic and collaborative.
- Customer complaints were often referred to a Manager for response rather than allowing customer service agents to resolve them within specified boundaries.
- Time was being wasted and opportunities to boost sales and service performance were being lost due to traditional ways of managing people and team working.
- Summit facilitated an intensive, hands-on two day management training course for 50 contact centre managers in London and Birmingham. Client improvements included:-
- A more collaborative, people focused management approach which supported team members to take more personal ownership of their performance.
- A significant improvement in sales and customer service performance across all contact centres.
- Reduced staff turnover and substantial reduction in recruitment costs.
“Following the management development programme you delivered I have received positive feedback from participants and their managers in the contact centres detailing the changes that have taken place.
Particularly noteworthy is the increased personal motivation in those who attended and more driven behaviours towards those they lead. The enthusiasm that people have brought back to the workplace has had a positive impact on personal and business goals and this is directly attributable to the programme you delivered.
Our expectations of the programme were to deliver high quality leadership development training to our Customer Service Managers and give them more confidence to try different approaches towards success. In this regard, our expectations were met and the changes implemented will certainly support our business going forward.”
Recruitment & Retention Manager, Telephony Operations
Royal Bank of Scotland Group
For our training venues in London and Birmingham, click here.
Posted by on November 5, 2014
Other case studies
Career Advice Seminar at Leeds Beckett…
Vaillant - Interview Skills Training
Islington Council - Emotional…
Moy Park- Management Training
IT Leader's Group- Henley Business…
Interested in this story and want to get more stories like this?
Sign up to our email...