Assertiveness Skills Training
Following this hands-on assertiveness training course, participants will return to your organisation with an awareness of the value of, and need for, assertive behaviour, the pitfalls of aggressive and submissive behaviour and ‘how to‘ use assertiveness skills at work with a ‘win-win’ focus.
Participants will learn how to:
- Differentiate ‘assertive’ and aggressive behaviour
- Appreciate the benefits of being assertive
- Apply assertiveness skills in ‘real-life’ situations
- Maximise personal impact when communicating with others
- Listen, appreciate and understand the behavior of others
- Use precision communication tools to deal with generalisations
- Enhance self-confidence in challenging situations
- Achieve genuine ‘win-win’ outcomes from discussions
- Become aware of personal blocks to being assertive
- Persuade others ethically whilst being assertive
- Plan a schedule for developing your new assertiveness skills
Duration: 1 and 2 day programmes available.
Training programmes that you may also be interested in include:
- Coaching Skills Training
To create a positive balance between task and people and achieve better results more quickly.
- Managing Poor Performance
How to effectively tackle poor performance and create sustainable improvements.