Nuvia, an international leader in radioactive waste management recruits top-level graduates on an annual basis. Graduates undertake a comprehensive induction training programme which familiarises them with the company.
The client wanted to take newly qualified graduates and accelerate their personal development with a challenging, bespoke management training programme in Manchester.
- Graduates had demonstrated academic success, but did not possess the people and communication skills needed for them to ‘hit the ground running’.
- The working environment was highly process driven and with challenging time and quality expectations. Graduates needed to learn how to work on their own initiative and make high quality, business decisions.
- Graduates, new to this working environment, tended to lack the self-confidence to speak up and share their opinions and concerns with established managers. In a safety conscious environment, this needed to change.
- Graduates often struggled to manage their time, priorities and focus in a hectic environment in which they were expected to manage multiple projects and conflicting deadlines.
A bespoke, two day graduate development course in Manchester focused on developing communication skills, teamwork and Emotional Intelligence. Client improvements included:
- Graduates more self-confident, competent and comfortable in working as part of rapidly changing project teams.
- Greatly improved individual and collective decision making capability, especially when under pressure.
- A group of highly motivated, self-starters who took personal ownership of their effectiveness, productivity and quality of output, saving the client many thousands of pounds.
“We have developed an excellent working relationship with Summit. They take great care to ensure that the training is tailored to the needs of our organisation and the courses are well researched, well prepared and delivered with energy and enthusiasm. Post course feedback from our delegates has always been very positive”
See our Manchester training venues here.
Posted by on November 5, 2014
Other case studies
November 10, 2015
Vaillant - Interview Skills Training
November 10, 2015
Islington Council - Emotional…
Moy Park- Management Training
IT Leader's Group- Henley Business…
Greater Manchester Police-Customer…
Interested in this story and want to get more stories like this?
Sign up to our email...